Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The 3rd year is the charm?

The main question is it time to move on or do one more year. Enjoyment of where I am is not in question. Is what I am doing with my time here that gives me reason for pause.

Most of the things I do are normal average everyday office work and documentary photography. There is not much time spent for personal development. This a key thing since I am working here on a volunteer basis. Having time to do some spiritual, educational development is my only real compensation.

I have tried in the past to arrange classes for such topics of study like Buddhist philosophy and Tibetan language. The result is that the class only works out for a few weeks until either the teacher is too busy or my work gets in the way. Thus putting me back a square one....which is just doing mundane work which has no end.

The work is not the problem the balance of work and personal stuffs is the problem. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. If I am just going to work the entire time then I should be back in the USA so I can get paid for the work I do. Then I can use the money to have fun in my free time and saving some for that 'old and gray' part of the life cycle.

So for now I am thinking that if things do not wish to change then one more year to finish up the projects I started so they can be passed on to the next person. Then head back to the 'first-world' country to join the work-a-day world of,

sleep-work, work-work, sleep-work -> PayDay

No comments: