Sunday, January 22, 2006

Better Planning is needed.

So now I can say that I choose poorly. I was thinking of going some where which was close by and cheap. I thought, 'just hop up to Nepal for a visit.' I passed up going to some place like Thailand thinking that it would take more time and cost more money. Nope. The amount of time and cost of travel seems to be about the same.

I passed up good food and warm climate of Thailand for freezing cold nights and country dealing with major civil unrest of Nepal. To put things mildly.

So my hat is off to you people of the Nepal Tourist industry. You have a quite a task ahead of you to woo back customers. Maybe they could use it as a couple counseling and/or weight loss program. "The 24 hour curfew allows our visiting couple time to work out their differences....mostly since there is not much else they are allowed to do. While being surrounded by wonderful visas of Himalayan mountains and heavily armed military in blue fatigues."


In the end this visit will stay in my memories for much longer then if I had one of those perfect wonderful vacations. As far as vivid memories go...I will come out ahead on this vacation.

No comments: